RE: 1970s "Earth Tone" car colors (Poop Green)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: 1970s "Earth Tone" car colors (Poop Green)
From: Chris Nevard <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:34:26 -0800 (PST)

BVLC61

Damask Red (1971-77)
BVLC99

Flamenco (1975-77)
BVLC133

Carmine (1977-79)
BVLC209>>>>>>looks a bit like 'damask'

Vermillion (1977-79)
BVLC118>>>>>>slightly richer orange red than 'Blaze'

All these colours and codes pinched from the back of the MOSS parts
catalogue

---"KILE, PAUL D" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com> wrote:

> Jon Larsen wonders what the name of the Poop Green color was on the
> 1970s vintage MG.  It was probably Limeflower or Tundra, Limeflower
> being the lighter of the two (like pea soup) and Tundra the darker
> (Tundra was like a shiny Army Olive Drab).  I'm 90% sure that these
were
> the names of the colors, but I wish I had a Leyland color chart to
> confirm.
>
> As I've said before, all these 1970s colors looked like they were
> derived from some form of bread mold.  All I know is that most of them
> turn my stomach!
>
> Yours dyspeptically,
>
> Paul Kile

==
Chris Nevard

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

<http://www.mgcars.org/cambs.mgoc/images2/chris.jpg>
Work <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com> Other <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>