Re: Shock Conversion

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Shock Conversion
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 00:41:35 -0500
At 06:15 PM 1/7/98 -0800, Ulix Goettsch wrote:

>"I SAID THAT!!!"  ........suddenly the place goes silent

>I said that you can buy the rear Spax kit from Faspec for $243.

>By your calculation of ~$100 per Spax, the brackets only cost you $40, not

>$100 anymore.

>Ulix

rear spax kit is $225 from Proper MG or Brit-Tek, or hell, I can't remember.

I like the spax kit, and it's already ready to install; no fabrication of
brackets

either.  I must admit, though, that I haven't used the adjustable shocks much.

I just kinda set them and forgot to adjust.  Doh!

I would be interested in this fabrication work, though, just as a project.

Me's a gettin' a nice brand-spanking new MIG welder soon, and I need some work.

But guys, if you're replacing your leaf springs in addition to replacing
shocks, don't get the stock MGB springs.

Go for the GT springs.  Mine are already sagging after 10,000 miles.

Boy do I feel dumb now, especially after I heard you guys say to get the GT
springs.

I just wanted to keep the car original, but now I know the rest of the story.

Jay

BTW Does anyone own one of those MIG welders from that company in Hemmings?

I can't remember the brand, but I do remember they were manufactured in Italy.

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.