MG Color Names

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Color Names
From: HORNERLJH <HORNERLJH@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 13:59:10 EST
In front of me I have the official 1975 British Leyland (U.S.) sales brochure
for the MGB/GT & Midget, "The Golden Age of Sports Cars", and the accompanying
color choice brochure for body and trim colors 1975.  This was for the Golden
Anniversary of MG.  Allowable trim combos were as follows: (Body Color w/
Interior Color)
Damask Red w/ Black
Citron w/ Black
Harvest Gold w/ Black
Tundra w/ autumn Leaf
Glacier White w/ Autumn Leaf (My 1975 Midget, original/only owner)
Tahiti Blue w/ Autumn Leaf (later Black also)
Bracken w/ Autumn Leaf
Flamenco w/ Black.

MG called it:               I think it looks like:
Black                         Black
Autumn Leaf               Dirty Tan
Damask Red               Burgundy
Citron                         Lemon-Lime
Harvest Gold               Gulden's Mustard (darker than Coleman's for those
in UK)
Tundra                        Army Jeep Green (NOT BRG!)
Glacier White              White (not Old English white)
Tahiti Blue                   The ocean blue just beyond a coral reef
Bracken                      The 2nd ugliest brown to Harvest Gold
Flamenco                    Lipstick Red

And hey, the original purchase order is for $3,848.00 including delivery,
Waxoyling, tonneau, and AM/FM radio!
Regards,
Jack Horner, hornerljh@aol.com
New Canaan, CT.