Re: Gearbox

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Gearbox
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:17:24 -0500 (EST)
The capacity is 6 US pints (7 if you have overdrive). The drain plug is on
the bottom. THe fill plug is on the side. The best way I have found is to
use a pump kit to get the oil in. THe kit is available for about $7 at
parts America. THe problem is that the cap is sized to fit on the brand of
Hypoid oil they sell. Since you can't use Hypoid oil you need to find the
correct size container. A plastic gallon milk jug works but doesn't hold
up well to the pumping action.
...Art