The B is in the Driveway! Oh happy Day! (longish)

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The B is in the Driveway! Oh happy Day! (longish)
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 18:29:36 -0600
I wrote the check today, and the '73 B is mine all mine!
I just returned from towing my new toy up from Nashville today. The ol' =
Chevy 5.7L Tahoe performed admirably and safely, as expected. (70mph up =
all the hills at 2500 mph, there's no replacement for gobs of V8 torque, =
don't ya know!)
To fall into several threads:
The color MUST be "Blaze", its a red-orange, more than an orange or =
anything near Caca.
AND
I'm sitting here with the original AM radio, missing the faceplate, =
knobs and the left (tuning) shaft bent and squashed, one of the push =
"auto tuner" buttons is broken, but the "British Motor Corporation" is =
clearly there. It's obviously not worth a reinstall, but it might make a =
neat paperweight at the office...:)
It was fun to see the looks on people's faces of all the people going up =
on I-65 between Nashville, Tennessee and Ft. Knox, Kentucky, with a =
black Chevy Tahoe "Sport" 4x4 towing the cute little orange LBC!=20

"Oh Bobby Joe! That's a cute little thang!"=20
"Huh? Awww, Martha that's a nice truck 'n all, but them folks don't go =
muddin' er huntin' with it anyway, damn thing's too clean!"=20
"No, Bobby Joe, that Keeeyuutte little car he's a-towin'!"
"Oh...damn Furrrin junk...damn Miata's are so screwed up they gotta tow =
'em around! See, I told ya that ol' Vega Charlie's got at his place =
would be a better car for ye! Go like gangbusters they do...."

Anyway...this was what I, the proud new Papa, was imagining. No offense =
to all my possible cousins in Tenn and Ky!
Time to roll up my sleeves tomorrow and dig into this thing. Hey, it =
starts, runs a little rough when cold, but everything's working fine. =
The interior wouldn't shut off, so I pulled the lamp...Ah, I have the MG =
I've been looking for!
The questions will probably flow in from me once I get the thing up on =
the lift at the shop and look for the problem areas, folks!
All in all, not a bad deal at $2500 and a brand new Haynes manual, new =
windshield, headlamp and all the front bearings thrown in!

I am now officially an MG owner!!!

Dan Ray
Ft. Knox, KY
Basking in the glow of new ownership, undaunted by the possibility of =
impending doom, and feeling very optimistic on a Saturday =
night...WooooHoooo!