Re: Engine Rebuilt Help!

To: "James P Simmons" <taxhelp1@juno.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuilt Help!
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 09:08:26 -0800
The front plate gasket is hard to get without buying a complete lower
engine gasket set. But that's not very expensive and surely you will need
one anyway?

As for the brown paper bag suggestion, it's not as daft as it sounds! The
heavy brown paper used in shopping bags is very similar to gasket paper so
it would work in a pinch. Of course, you could also go to an auto parts
store and buy a suitably sized piece of real gasket paper.

Whatever you choose, be sure to use a gasket compound such as Ultra Copper
silicon seal and you'll find you have no leaks.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center