RE: Battery in the Trunk? Compression

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Battery in the Trunk? Compression
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:12:14 -0600
Thanks to everyone for the advice.
        I'm going to try the wet check next weekend. The Marvel Mystery Oil =
might be my short-term solution until later this year and at least keep =
things from going from bad to worse. I just don't have the bucks to =
replace the head (or worse, a total rebuild) right now.  I'm definitely =
looking to rebuild the engine eventually anyway. It runs strong and it's =
by no means critical transportation.
        I would put the battery back where it belongs, but someone installed a =
fuel pump in there (?). Will it go on the left side? I've heard it'll =
only fit on the right but they look the same size to me. Of course, =
maybe the cable's too short? I'll probably just install a good secure =
bracket and box back there, but nothing too permanent. The disconnect =
switch is a good idea.
        The shock is not leaking badly, I'll try the ATF! All four need to be =
checked for fluid anyway.
        I hadn't planned on rebuilding the MC just yet, as it seems to be fine,
=
but new wheel cylinders and hoses, etc., definitely!
        I've also checked every electrical component's operation. I'm quite =
pleased to announce that with the exception of needing one new headlight =
(a spare came with the car) and the horn inop, EVERYTHING works! Gauges, =
all dash lights, wipers and even the trunk light! Wow! :)
Thanks again

Dan
'73 Blaze B
Still undaunted and optimistic but gonna work on easy stuff now until =
payday...where's my Armor All?