Re: Odometer woes

To: Scott Gardner <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Odometer woes
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 01:15:50 -0800
Hi Scott,
  I had this exact bad speedo gear problem on my Midget.
  I sent the bad gear; mounted on it's attendant shaft to:

   Albuquerque Speedometer Service
   1905 Broadway S.E.
   Albuquerque, NM 87102  Tel.(505) 242-2449. Peter and Jean DeWolf.

  Very nice people. They pulled the old gear off and installed an exact
duplicate for $12.
  One more thing. They recommended using Delco ST-800 speedo lube for
reassembly. I found a big tube of it locally for about $3.
  I'm thinking that cleaning and re-lubing this gear is probably a 10K
mileage maintenance item.
  I hope that this helps you.

Your friend,
-Vince