Steering Wheel Resoration

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steering Wheel Resoration
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 17:33:12 -0600
This may sound a bit weird, but my steering wheel's rim is kinda ratty =
but it's otherwise solid and sound, and I had an idea on how to improve =
it:
Like a combat boot - strip it, dye it and polish it with Kiwi to a high =
"spit shine". (I've got a LITTLE experience with this, like 13 years =
worth.)=20
Now, I don't want the polish to come off in my hands, so should I seal =
it with something? A good "spit-shine" (no not with real spit) shouldn't =
rub off, but I would think sealing it might help the job last longer.=20
Any ideas on a good clear leather sealant? Is treating a steering wheel =
like a combat boot silly?
Any comment or suggestions are welcome.=20

Dan Ray
'73 MGB
Ft. Knox, KY