Re: Torque rating for rear Midget Suspension U Bolt nuts

To: Chris Nevard <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Torque rating for rear Midget Suspension U Bolt nuts
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:59:14 -0800 (PST)
This is a good question, but a hard one to answer.  The more you tighten
these nuts, the more you will compress your newly installed rubber pads,
possibly damaging them.  I don't know if a torque spec is the right answer
here.  I just tightened them to what I thought reasonable and and check
them whenever I'm under there.

This is one spot where FRESH self locking nuts are mandatory!

Ulix