I found a Magnette!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I found a Magnette!
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 07:13:43 -0700 (MST)
After looking at a few, and having some of the very helpful list members
look at a few for me, I've come across a ZB I'm about to buy.  Nearly all
the ones I've seen need some bodywork, new paint, and interior work.  Some
of these are in the $3-4K range.  Now I've found one that's in a little
bit worse shape that can be had for considerably less.  I figure if I'm
going to have to do everything anyway, might as well start lower.

The car is unrestored and almost complete.  The body has no dents or bondo
that I can find.  There's a fair amount of rust, but nearly all of it
appears to be surface. I'm going to have to take it down to bare metal to
make sure I get rid of all the rust.  What would be the best order to
tackle this?  Inside out, outside in, or ?  I see a sandblaster in my
future.

Does anyone sell carpet and upholstery kits for the Magnette?

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA    kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.          http://www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA