Got my B - Question's on Engine

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Got my B - Question's on Engine
From: David Altman <DAltman@novations.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:31:32 -0700
Hi all-

        Thanks to all of you who sent email regarding my getting my 77
B.  Your encouragement and wisdom is much appreciated.  I towed it back
1000 miles last weekend and it made it in good shape, sans top which was
already beyond repair.   It's now resting in my garage waiting to be
teared down and restored.

        I have a couple of quick questions.   When I orginally looked at
the engine.. it looked like a pre 74 engine because of the dual carbs
and the engine mounted engine fan.  I checked the block and it is a 77
block.  The carb change I can understand by a previous owner, but why
would it have an old style engine fan on it?

        I plan on rebuilding the whole engine down to the block.  The
cylinders can be bored out by a local guy, but should I send the heads
out to be done by someone?  Any recommendations?

        I'm going to start stripping it down this weekend.

Thanks!

David
77 MGB

David J. Altman Novations Group Inc.    daltman@novations.com
801-3757525     Fax 801-375-7595              "Nothing Profound at the
Moment"