Re: TC Adventures

To: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Subject: Re: TC Adventures
From: John Swanland <swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:52:16 +1100
 These cars were
>timed to run on 72 octane pool petrol. With modern fuel, you can do the
>advance bit, and get more performance.j

The leaded petrol here in Australia is 96 Octane, I recently checked.  That
would tend to make a bit of a difference.  I have advanced the timing by 4
degrees from TDC using the micrometer adjuster.  That does give me a bit
more zip.

Just got back from a 200 mile tour and the TC ran perfectly all the way.
The mystery noise from the front of the motor has gone, following my
replacement of the Moss lip seal with the rope seals so I'll go out on a
limb an name that as the culprit.

John Swanland
Melbourne Australia