Lowered Suspension

To: Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lowered Suspension
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 14:32:47 -0500
Keith Wheeler's recent post on lowering the suspension on a RBB has raised
a question in my mind.

In a prior life, I was interested in 4x4's (no, I never had a desire to
build a 4x4 MG!). A popular mod with 4x4's is to raise the body to make
room for taller tires.  I seem to recall that the use of blocks to raise
the body was clearly not recommended as sound engineering practice.  This
does seem to be one method used to lower the suspension on RBB's however.

Does anyone have long term experience with these lowering kit's.  At some
point I intend to lower my RBB, but I am curious if this is a good way to
approach it.

Regards,

Chris Delling