Re: Five speed boxes

Subject: Re: Five speed boxes
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 07:46:00 -0800
I havent done it yet, but the 280ZX five speed is my trans of choice.  I plan
to use the MG flywheel, starter, pressure plate, with the Nissan clutch disk,
trans, and slave cyl.  New mounting holes will have to be drilled in the rear
engine plate or a new plate made.  But the bellhousing diameter, length, and
shifter location seem to be all acceptable.  RW
REPLY FROM: White, Richard H.

If anyone has any experience of fitting five speed Nissan or Toyota
gearboxes into MGBs, could they please get in touch with me privately..

Many thanks,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk