was RE: Brake test switch, Now Just Brakes!

To: "'ROBERT G. HOWARD'" <mgbob@juno.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: was RE: Brake test switch, Now Just Brakes!
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:18:30 -0600
Bob,
Thanks for the instructions. That's a keeper and I'll do this when I =
fix/restore the brake system to its former glory. It'll do me no good to =
try bleeding the brakes until then, since obviously the fluid will just =
go in the M/C and right out the gooey mess that is currently my right =
rear wheel.=20
This is going to be a full replacement of front rotors, pads/shoes, =
wheel cylinders, etc. I'm just hoping the M/C is ok (won't really know =
until I get the rest of the system squared away)=20
The drums are ok, (we measured them) besides the one being wet, and =
should do fine without turning. Any opinions on drum turning? I would =
think the rotors are much more critical since they usually take a =
majority of the load.
I think the drums were replaced once, while the rotors look like they've =
been through a war, probably the originals, but who knows?=20
I've decided the 56K on my odometer is suspect, given the state of some =
of the parts. Could someone actually destroy and fix so much stuff in =
56K miles? I doubt it...:)
Dan
'73 B=20