Tires - what's the verdict on 195/70s

Subject: Tires - what's the verdict on 195/70s
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 98 20:37:22 UT
List,

What a dilemma! I need new tires for the 76 B and my brother-in-law just
dropped off 4 brand spanking new 195/r70 14 tires in my lap (Firestone FR410).
 I've heard talk of going as big as 185/70s - are 195/70s over the edge??

As far as I can tell, if I put these on the 76 B (rose style wheels) they'll
be more than 71/2 inches wide and the aspect ratio will be almost 5.4 inches
from rim to floor.  Is it beyond good sense to put these on the B??  Is anyone
running with a tire this size???  Will the rims take this??

I'd hate to have to look a gift horse in the mouth and tell the giver its
teeth are too big!!!

Dr. Doug
2 Cs bundled up for the winter in ONE bay of the garage
2 Bs taking up the other two bays pulling daily driver duty