Re: Cars with personality (Now with LBC content)

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cars with personality (Now with LBC content)
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 98 11:42:59 -0000
On 21/1/98 9:04 am Joseph Cianciotti said

>I agree.  I was looking through a book recently that included photos of
>the RV8 and MGF. The MGF could have been a Miata, Ford or any other
>marque. Although a bit posh and overpriced, the RV8 exuded British
>character in a modernized package.  I think they could have used the
>styling of that car as the starting point for the F and been a bit more
>successful.  Another case in point:  The new Jaguar XK8.  For all the
>talk about being the heir to the XKE legacy, it looks a bit more like an
>over-priced Ford than a $60K Jag. That brings my opinion total on this
>subject to 4 cents.

Ah, not that old chestnut again. I won't bore you all again with my views
on this, but I have to say I'm glad MG didn't go all retro on us.

The RV8 is a dog to drive compared with the well-balanced MGF.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk