Re: Allen Humor and Mystery(Soooo off topic)

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Allen Humor and Mystery(Soooo off topic)
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 98 11:47:33 -0000
On 22/1/98 9:04 am bradleys said

>Some of the British Comedy rerun go back to bell bottoms, but there still
>funny amd we don't seem to tire of them.  "Last of the Wine","Open all
>Hours", "Good Neighbors", "Waiting for God", "One foot in the Grave",
>"Keeping up Appearances", Dad's Army, "The Vicar of
>We-can't-remember-where"---they've given us a lot of fun.  With Cable, we
>can four PBS stations and laugh almost every night.

Gosh, You're going back a few years with some of those. IMHO, there are
much better English comedies, but maybe the humour wouldn't work
overseas. Have you seen Absolutely Fabulous or Shooting Stars. Now that
IS English humour :-)

A lot of people over here slag off US TV, but I still say you can't beat
the old episodes of Cheers and Mash, although Friends is good, too.

Now, what's all this got to do with MGs??? :-)

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk