Carb problems?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carb problems?
From: bill.marianna.graham@ibm.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:21:55 -0500
I have a 71B that I drive year around daily here in Florida. Whem I'm
out running errands I find that, if I stop somewhere for 20-30 minutes
the car is hard to start and the idle drops off from the normal 800-900
rpm to 400-500 and sometimes dies completely. After I have driven a few
blocks, everything returns to normal unless I stop again for a similar
time period. The problem is worse at higher ambient temperatures, ie in
the summer. Vapor lock? Float problems? Any suggestions from the list as
to cause and cure?

Bill Graham