Re: Strange Electricals...

To: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: Strange Electricals...
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 19:55:54 +0000
Nick Benson wrote:

> Heyone and all,
>
> I have a weird problem on my '77 Midget.
>
> 1  Hazards flash only on the drivers' side;

If neither front or rear lamp lights on the passenger side when either hazard
or turn signal is on then I would suspect a disconnection in the loom between
where the turn and hazard outputs join and where the front and rear splits.
Don't have a Midget diagram so haven't any more detail.  Either that or you
have two (or more!) disconnections, one at each lamp, either ground or supply
side.

> 2  Turn signals will not work at all;

Do any lamps light (but not flash)? If the answer is 'No' then could be duff
flasher (with ignition on and turn signal to drivers side short out what
should be two terminals on the flasher, lamps will light but not flash), no
12v feed to the flasher (comes from the green circuit via the hazard switch
when the hazards are off).

> Passenger back-up lamp has intermittent connection which appears to be
> correlated to the function, and/or correct operation of 1 and 2!

Back-up (and stop) lamps are on the green circuit, could be a bad connection
on the fuse (2nd up on a B), good place to start.  Hazards are powered from
the brown circuit via their own in-line fuse.

PaulH.