Re: Was: MGB Suspension mods Now: Rear Springs

To: gbaker@customcpu.com
Subject: Re: Was: MGB Suspension mods Now: Rear Springs
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:34:16 EST
Unless your boy weighs in at several hundred pounds, he won't have much
effect.
 The biggest problem it seems to me is that the lack of body has simply
unloaded the new springs to the point they will not flex.
 You'll probably have to devise some method of applying "weight" to the
frame to compress the springs enough to hook everything up.

Having just read the above, I'm a bit puzzled, Why should a new set of
springs be that tight?  If you have the old springs, measure the distance
from the front spring eye to the rear eye, along the contour of the top
leaf. Compare this to the same measurment on the new spring. They should
be the same. (straight line distance between eyes will change with spring
arch, but the length of the main leaf should be identical).
 It may be possible that somehow, you have gotten the wrong spring from
your supplier. Just a thought.
Good luck!

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT