Debugging MGB fuel system

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Debugging MGB fuel system
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 01:12:54 -0500
Still trying to get the MGB started, so I am looking
at the fuel system. I think I am getting way too much fuel,
so I ordered grose jets for my float valves and will adjust
them to spec when I install.

  I've noticed one thing that seems strange and makes me
seem like I am missing parts. My front float bowl has three
fuel connections. One goes to the hose that feeds fuel from
the pump, perfect.

  One goes to a fuel line that goes around behind the
carbs and feeds the back float bowl, through one of it's two
ports, fine.

  The other goes to a fuel line that goes over TOP of
the carbs and feeds the back bowl in the other port.

  Note that I am talking about the lines that attach to
the detached float bowl, not the vent lines that connect
both carb bodies and that seems to be correct and
carrying air only.

  Why two lines from side to side that seem to want to
do the same thing?

  The two wires I am talking about both contain fuel
and seem to be redundant, which makes me think I am missing
a part or a hose or two.

  Ideas?

--
Trevor Boicey