Re: Wiper chrome

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Wiper chrome
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 98 09:36:17 -0500
On 1/23/98 3:13 PM so and so  Paul Hunt said. (And I quote)

>Hert wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to everybody who sent a reply on my question on the
>> wipers.
>>
>> Here's what I'll do: since the wiper arms look chipped anyway,
>> I am going to try to carefully take the paint off one. If that
>> looks good, the other two will go the same way. If not, they will
>> all be sprayed matt black.
>>
>> If I can do it this weekend, I'll keep you posted.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Peter
>
>My 73 roadster has (original) black arms with stainless steel
>underneath, i.e. the previous 'shiny' arms.
>
>PaulH.

Now me 78 has "original" three 8" wipers. The only way I can replace the
blades (not just the wipers) is thru VB or Moss. Hound so ever, The Black
paint, that was original has now Ms. Peel ed (Pealed?) off. The under
(and how I wish) is a flat aluminium. The Part where the shaft comes up
thru the cowl, is how ever, still black. Steel, I think.
Paint the whole arm.

Larry Macy
78 Midget