Re: Vinyl Paint, again.

To: arm@bc.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Vinyl Paint, again.
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:20:22 EST
On Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:02:14 -0800 (PST) Ross MacPherson
<arm@bc.sympatico.ca> writes:
>Listers,
>
>The full tonneau for my TC is showing it's age. My budget for this
>coming
>season is already alloted and doesn't include a replacement.  I'm
>thinking
>of dyeing the fabric around the zipper and the backing then painting
>the
>vinyl black. It's currently mottled tan.  Has anyone any experience
>painting
>something as flexible as this?  Will the paint stay looking decent for
>full season of tonneau on, tonneau half on, tonneau off?
>
>TIA,
>Ross

Ross,
I havn't tackled a tonneau and certainly all the usage it will get will
be
a test of the stuff if you do try - I have used it on seats though which
get a pretty fair bashing and it doesnt crack or peel however it will
eventually wear off with all that bum-rubbing!
It has to be worth a try since at worst a new tonneau seems only a year
away

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT