Re: Soliciting Opinions -- Interior Kits

To: bruset@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Soliciting Opinions -- Interior Kits
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:53:49 EST
On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 09:28:44 -0500 Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
writes:
>What is the impression that you all have on the "Commerative Interior
>Kit" that VB has for sale? I'm strongly considering it for my 78B.

Havnt seen it yet but anything would be better than the "stock" 78 trim!
Scarborough Fair are always competetive on  interior trim especially
carpet sets

>Second: I want to replace the dash. Mine has a nasty crack in it, and
>I don't want to use the replacement "pad" thing. Is that just like a
>plastic shell that sits on top of the old dash top, and adheres with
>adhesive backing?

Well, your description is fairly close, it is a shell and it is applied
using a bead of silicon - but dont knock them, i have fitted 2 of them
and the finish is excellent - you would be hard pressed to tell it is a
cap without looking very closely.
Prepearation is important -  dry-fitting, sanding the two surfaces to be
bonded
applying the silicon properly - and most important, have a sure fire plan
for how to apply pressure to it overnight - the best method i have found
is a couple of rolled up rubber mats wedged between the cap and the
windshield

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT