to lead or unlead, to grommet or follow - that's the cam!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: to lead or unlead, to grommet or follow - that's the cam!
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 06:46:20 -0800 (PST)
>Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:37:30 +1100
>From: Benet THE PEN AND THE PICTURE ARE MIGHTIER THAN <APG@Netinfo.com.au>
>To: rfeibusch@loop.com
>Subject: to lead or unlead, to grommet or follow - that's the cam!

Comment found on list:

>> I think all of our British friends should realize that now that their car=
>> won't run on unleaded, that they ship them to us in the colonies at half
>> price, before they are worth nothing in Britain. There are a few pre war
>> models I would ,through the goodness of my heart, take off their hands. W=
e,
>> in the States are so stupid, we haven't noticed that the cars will not ru=
>> on unleaded, even though we have been usung it for two decades.
>>
>> I am sure there are others on this list that would come to the aid of  ou=
>> friends across the pond in a like manner.Email me for shipping instructio=
ns.

>> Mike

Add us to the list as well, Mike! Our Rileys - up to 1 '57 4/68, and
Land Rovers are happily running on just about anything we produce. We'll
happily help out, specially anything ever breathed on by the great
=46reddy Dixon!

However, we Coloninals are a forgiving lot - I mean, it was us the Brits
sent out in chains to the Land of Sunshine and Surf and goldfever
fortune Downunder whilst they stayed home in the cold, wet and fog; we
reckon we're "stupid". too! "Stupid" enough to keep on running those ol'
Brit cars on unleaded!

Send us your ragged Rileys, your lame Lagondas, your battered Bentleys,.
your aged Alvises, your battered Bentleys and yhour lonely Landies! Like
our Stateside brethren, we are accustomed over the last couple of
centuries to taking the world's refugees as well as the best and the
worst of the world's dumped cars under United Nations and 'level playing
fields' trade agreements into our hearts and homes!

On another exhaust note, and in all seriousness, how did we manage
before WWII?

Theodore JDB --
MZ=90