Moss Motors catalog

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Moss Motors catalog
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 98 17:26:56 EST
Hey all,
Wow, those boys at Moss are fast!

I ordered a catalog from their website a few days ago and what arrives
today via USPS Priority Mail but the MGB catalog, the Moss Motors
magazine, a sale paper, and a little thank-you-for-ordering-a-catalog
note :-) .

I had a good read going through the catalog.  It's nice to see what all
these strange things look like, such as lever shocks.  Not at all what I
expected :-) .

I also like the pages upon pages of accessories (I'll have to watch my
spending there) and I also like the pages of books.  There seem to be a
lot of good books listed there.  Numerous books on tuning the SU carbs,
for example.  I also like the fact that Robert Bentley Publishing puts
out the MG official service manuals.  Bentley also does the Volkswagen
manuals.  I have a separate Bentley catalog which lists all their
manuals, and it's neat that Bentley also publishes the MG glovebox
owner's manuals.  I wish they did that for the VW manuals.  Of course,
the owner's manual is included in the shop manual, a nice touch.  As
with VWs, I imagine it's good to have both the Bentley and Haynes for
MGs.

Moss does seem to be on the pricey side though for some items.  They
seem like the "Rocky Mountain Motorworks" of British cars.  RMMW is a VW
parts house in Colorado that also puts out numerous catalogs, nicely
finished w/ color pictures, etc., and they are awfully pricey compared
to discount parts houses like the Bus Depot.  But I'm sure you folks
know of some discounters, so I'll ask the list when/if the time comes
:-)

Just my impressions...
--
Sean Bartnik