Wind screen rubber and headlight ring

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wind screen rubber and headlight ring
From: Wetmgs <Wetmgs@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:39:40 EST
I deleted who was asking about these.  But, the wind screen rubber gasket to
body, if you insert a closeline size rope into the fold of the seal.  When the
wind screen frame is almost all the way down to the cowl, pull the rope
forward from one side to the other, pulling the rubber lip out with it.  I
don't know who suggested this, but it sounds like a good idea.  I had five
sprained fingers for a month from trying to do it manually.

And to whoever was asking about the healight ring.  I've had good luck
pressing down on the top of the ring with the heel of one hand and pulling out
at the bottom of the ring with finger tips of the other hand.  Hard to do, but
no scratches.

Marc
Bremerton, WA.