Re: BL Badges

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: BL Badges
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:01:34 +0000
> Fellow MG Freaks-
> This is a confusing question because there is more than one "BL" badge.  Two
> were fitted on cars from about 1970 to about 1973.  You should know your car
> need two because the mounting holes are on both sides.  If you have no
> mounting holes, you shouuld have one BL badge because when they dropped the
> badge from one side, the made it self-stick.  If you have an MGB with a "Blue
> Flash" badge on engine, you should have no BL badges fitted.  This was about
> 1980 only.  Please note, there in no reproduction availible that is even close
> to the original.
>
>     John

So my 1972 with two self-stick badges isn't correct?  Pity.  Since
those are going to be the first things permanently off with the next
re-paint, I couldn't care less.  I tried to take them off once, but
the DPO left them on when he had the car painted, so the paint under
the badges doesn't match the rest of the car.
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner