Re: No Newsgroup Is a Good Newsgroup

To: "Andy Ramm" <aramm@concentric.net>, "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: No Newsgroup Is a Good Newsgroup
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:16:46 -0500
>Greetings all,
>
>Well, it seems the consensus is against the
>formation of an MGs Usenet group.  I will
>certainly abide by the will of the list.  Everyone
>responding had a valid point, and I can see the
>concerns about spammers, flamers, etc...  I
>appreciate all the feedback and will not pursue
>this further.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Andy

Spammers a concern?  Not really anymore... the only major concern I have
when I post to UseNet is those pesky little bots might grab my email address
and put it in a list with 50million other addresses and then sell it for
$250.

Most MAJOR ISPs that run news servers and peer with other ISPs have managed
to setup filters to get rid of quite a bit of UseNet crap.  I for one read 8
groups a day, about 50 messages a group...and only see 1-2 pieces of garbage
total!

However I do feel a general British Automotive group would be nice.  I don't
feel that a group like that would take away from the postings in the
'lists', I feel that it would be an excellent way to gain new memberships
for the lists.  (not by posting the list address to the NG).  Newsgroups are
better for some ppl.  I for one like newsgroups...It doesn't clutter my
mail, it doesn't require me to read it everyday...and I don't have to
subscribe/unsubscribe, I only download the messages that I want to
read...etc,etc,etc.

Just my opinion, but then again... ;-)

Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Sonix.Networks -- "Building the Internet, byte by byte..."
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)