Re: Special Tools? (Clarification)

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com, dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: Special Tools? (Clarification)
From: JustBrits <JustBrits@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:56:53 EST
In a message dated 98-01-28 18:41:32 EST, Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com writes:

<< Subj:         RE: Special Tools? (Clarification)
 Date:  98-01-28 18:41:32 EST
 From:  Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
 Sender:        owner-mgs@autox.team.net
 To:    dmeadow@juno.com ('dmeadow@juno.com')
 CC:    mgs@autox.team.net

 ARRGGHH - guys, you're right, I was off the beam on this one.  Maybe I
 should HEAD off this THREAD, grabbing the SHANK of the evening to WRENCH
 myself back to reality....

 Cat thread, anyone?

 Cheers, PK

Hi guys:

   Almost every one of you is 'sort of right'.  A little bit of checking in
your various manuals will explain further than I really have time for BUT go
ahead a stick a 28 TPI SAE bolt in a 26 TPI BSF hole.  Yes, it will go and
only seem like it is just a 'little' tight - i.e. New bolt/old nut.  Add
torque, said receiveing threads SHOT.  The reverse can also be done with just
a tad more difficulty.   Also, the PITCH of the threads is as different as
'cats' and 'dogs' (that was the required part, right?).

   Before letting mouth being engaged before brain VS flame - please see
manual.

   Just my $ .02.

Cheers.......

         Ed