Re: Mallory (Sean B.?)

To: mgb72@airmail.net (Chad Cooper)
Subject: Re: Mallory (Sean B.?)
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 98 23:56:31 EST

> To add to this:  I got one and put the uni-lite kit in it.  The uni-lite is
> Mallory's optical trigger system.  This way I got a new distributor, and no
> points.  Oh yeah it looks good too.  I am sure Sean can tell something about
>it,
> the uni-lite conversion was popular for VW's too...

Actually, I've not heard of it.  The big distributor upgrade in the VW
crowd among those who don't know too much is changing from the stock
vacuum/centrifugal advance distributors to Bosch 009 centrifugal advance
only distributors.

Also popular is the Pertronix Ignitor points replacement, which I
imagine is similar to the uni-lite.  But better is a CDI system, which I
posted about a few days ago.

--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia