Re: New title

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: New title
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:03:10 -0500
At 08:22 PM 1/27/98 +0000, Dave Houser wrote:
>Folks,
>Has anyone on the list had any experience with the Broadway Title Co. in
>Alabama?
>They offer a legal avenue to get a title on a car you have that doesn't
>have a title.
>You "sell" them the car, they get a title and "re-sell" back to you at
>the same price. Fee for a B is $145, pre '75.

Dave-

Alabama does not issue titles for cars from '75 or earlier. It probably
explains why a lot of older stolen cars end up here.  :)

When I purchased my '73 from a gentleman in Washington State, I received his
title.  Alabama Department of Motor Vehicles refused to issue a title,
because the car was too old.  I'm holding onto it so that some day, if I
ever move to a 'normal' state, I can again get it titled.

I'm not sure how they are getting a title for you.

Regards,

Rich Mason
'73 MGB
Huntsville, AL