Boston Beer Tour

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Boston Beer Tour
From: "Foley, Tim (CAP, ITS, US)" <TFoley@gecits.GE.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:13:33 -0600
Chris,

Sunset Grill on Brighton Ave. is a beer drinkers heaven.  60+ beers on
tap and over 500 different bottled.( If you get hungry you can try their
"gourmet PB and J."  It does not go good with beer but their other food
is good as well.

Boston Beer Works is across the street from Fenway Park.  Good
microbrew.  It is facing Lansdowne St. (now Ted Williams Way)  where all
the clubs are!  BhomBhomBhaBhaBha (Avalon really kicks on Thur)

Commonwealth Brewery is down by the Boston Garden.  (Paddy Burkes-really
cool Irish bar is across the street, my personal favorite hangout on St.
Patrick's Day)

One of the high points of your beer pilgrimage would be to visit the
Harpoon Brewery (off of Atlantic Ave by the Trade Center) and help the
Head Brewer do some quality control on Fri and Sat afternoons.

Good Luck
Tim Foley
1971MGB
Chris Nevard wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Sorry to bomb the list with yet another beer thread!
> Alison and myself are visiting Boston for a few days in three weeks
> time.
> We were wondering if any of you kind folks from the U.S of A could
> suggest any good outlets where we can enjoy some fine U.S micro brews
> in Boston?
>
> Cheers from the Brit Camra *MGer in Old Blighty.
>
> (*Obigatory MG bit;-)
> ==
> Chris Nevard
>
> "If there was no electricity a television would have to use
candlelight"