Re: Ingnition Systems Explained

To: gaither@ix.netcom.com (Douglas Gaither)
Subject: Re: Ingnition Systems Explained
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 98 16:36:14 EST

> I think Sean B. had posted a link to a sermon page that had info on
> Capacitive Discharge Ignition systems.  I really didn't find the
> information to bring an ignition-challenged person like me up to speed.  So
> after visiting my web search engine, I found an article that I thought was
> VERY informative.  Check out : http://www.prostar.com/web/rsinc/ign.htm, it
> is an article that covers normal distributors and what they do, and
> includes CDI, TAI, and MSD ignition systems and how they work.  I very
> educational read!
>
> Doug Gaither

Doug
Thanks for the URL.  Bob's writing is usually pretty clear but he often
assumes some basic knowledge of the system in question.  If you are
ignition-challenged, try Doug's recommended site above, and then go to
the sermons of Bob Hoover page and read all about CDI, and other items
and philosophies that enable you to own and maintain the "forever car."
:-)

The sermons page again, is http://www.type2.com/sermons/index.html

And while you're there, if you're interested in VW vans, check out the
Type2.com home site, http://www.type2.com

--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia