Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend ?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend ?
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:02:10 -0800
Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, and my weekend started today (Friday).
The 79 MGB is now in great running order and I took it for a 50 mile run to
the beach on the Columbia River today. It was a joy to hear the roar coming
from the tailpipe at 4,000 RPM in second and third. It gave this OF a
thrill, and in fourth gear I was doing 55 mph at 3,000 RPM. It's been 45
years since I had such a good time, that was when I had my 1939 MGTB ( in
1953 on our honeymoon !!)
I have a new set of 185/70-14 Michelin X-one tires which make for a very
nice ride and really look good too. The engine purrs like a kitten....a lion
or a tiger.....but not like a Jaguar !!!
If this nice sunny weather continues (it was 65 degrees this afternoon) I
will probably do more of the same tomorrow. Rain is predicted for Sunday !!
That's all, Cheerio...Stuart
                      '79 MGB with the top down.
Stuart Farmer
2724 Florida St.