Re: Use a Rover, NOT an Buick V-8

To: <MGMagnette@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Use a Rover, NOT an Buick V-8
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 18:14:26 -0500
>  The question I must ask though is, what Rover you gonna ruin for you MG?
>You can steal these engines out of Range Rovers all you want, I don't mind.
>BUT PLEASE, PLEASE... DO NOT destroy a P5B or a P6 (3500) to make a fast
MG.
>You'd be just as happy with a normal MGB, and a nice restored Rover to
drive
>to work.
>     John

I have the same feeling about destroying an MG (any model) to convert it V8
power.  Please try and located an empty bodyshell instead of yanking the
engine out of a complete car!

Would you like it if someone gave you a sex change without consulting you
first?  Well I'm sure that old wary *complete* MGB isn't going to like
someone ripping out its heart and putting in a V8.

The Heritage Shells are also an excellent option if you are doing a V8
conversion.  If you are looking for USED shells well feel free to contact me
if you can't find one
( kmr@pil.net ).

Thanks,

Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Sonix.Networks -- "Building the Internet, byte by byte..."

IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)