What am I doing with the LBC - The Rolling Stones or the LBC?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What am I doing with the LBC - The Rolling Stones or the LBC?
From: BLieb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 20:22:32 EST
So far I have been on this list two months and only have lurked but I thought
it was time to show my dedication to the restored 58 MGA.

On Saturday,  Went for a drive today -- 62 degrees, partly sunny, great to be
out in the car.  Buckled in my 8 year old son and his friend into the car and
we went for long leisurely ride in the country so we could get ice cream.
Had a blast.  I never get tired of the throaty roar as we go up a hill and I
gun it.

I was so inspired that I thought I would improve the car with a project.  Now
what should it be, I have all of these parts.  Put in the new seats, attach
the badge bar, or the the driving lamps, I know --- the tripod headlights.

So as my wife headed off with a girlfriend to see the Rolling Stones tonight
--- (I'd rather stay home and work on the car, go ahead and use my ticket)  An
easy project I thought, shouldn't take much time.

What I forget is that it has something to do with electricity.  Got the
tripods connected and the sparking began as I turned the lights on and touched
the retaining rings to the buckets and adjuster screws.

Too make a long story short.  The sealed beams are back in the car until I
figure this one out.

And as you can guess I didn't get much Satisfaction from the project.  But
still, one can always see Mr. Jagger and the Stones.  But one can't always
spend the night together with one's LBC.

Brent Lieberman
58 MGA