Re: MGA Fuel Sender

To: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Subject: Re: MGA Fuel Sender
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 08:59:31 -0600
Ralph,

Yes you are correct, the outer ring holds the sender unit to the tank,
The rectangular plate is the cover to the resistive element. If you are
going to take this opportunity to clean it all up, first remove it from
the tank and then remove the cover. Make sure that there is less than
about 1/3 tank of gas. Otherwise.... Well you know!

I have always found the use of a dental pick removes the paint in
phillips head screws. Just pick and pry till it's clean. Usually large
chunks of paint come out pretty easily.

Check for rust on the float. My gague was not working properly and I
traced it to a gasoline filled float. I just drained it and soldered
over the holes. Just like new.

Chuck Schaefer