MGA Original Color of fuel tank/exhaust system

To: "'MG submission'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA Original Color of fuel tank/exhaust system
From: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:52:58 -0500
What was the originial color of the fuel tank in MGA 1500's?  I am
fairly certain the chassis was black -less certain it was satin or dull.
How about the exhaust (manifold back to tail pipe)?  I'm getting my gas
tank back in a few days and want to finish it appropriately.
Suggestions on paint?  I've some POR-15 in both black and silver.  Was
thinking of using that.

Thanks much.

ralph cordell
'59 MGA 1500