MGA - Vacuum line/Heater valve/

To: "'MG submission'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA - Vacuum line/Heater valve/
From: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:10:44 -0500
What color were the vacuum lines (distributor - carb) and heater control
valves over on the passenger side of the blocks of 1500 MGA's?  I was
planning on painting the line the same color as the engine but am not
quite sure about the heater valve.  Clauseger (sp?) shows them to be
silvery but does not give a really good pic for the 1500.

What type of paint should one use on disk wheels?  I took mine to the
radiator shop and they did an outstanding job on the fronts (the backs
are pretty sad).  Am thinking of using either Moss wheel paint or going
back to the auto paint store.  Would like something durable.  I suppose
I could go the powder coat route but I'd lose control over color and am
almost at the end of my budget for this project.

Project update - except for dent in rear - no damage to my "mid-life
crisis".  Friend pointed out that my wife parks "by ear" - pulling
forward until she hears glass break.  Suggested I get her a foam rubber
roadmaster.

thanks for the info to all who've helped so far -

-ralph cordell
'59 MGA
'84 Turbo regal
'87 Grand National