Re: Electrical problems with a Midget :-(

To: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical problems with a Midget :-(
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 19:40:35 +0000
Ron Madurski wrote:

> Hey guys, clutch is working great.
>
> I went to get my car inspected and the blinkers decided to quit working
> :-(
>
> Here's the sequence of events.  I installed a new brake light switch
> since the old one was very corroded and did not work.  Everything worked
> OK for the first few miles.  I noticed that the tach was jumping around
> a bit.  A little while later it had stopped working and the Fuel and
> Temperature gauges were dead.  When this happens the turn signals do not
> work, but the emergency flashers do work.  Brake lights still work,
> headlights still work, wipers still work.  Every once in awhile the
> gauges come alive and the flashers will work again.
>
> I suspect that there is a bad ground somewhere but I haven't located it
> yet.  The other culprit may be the instrument voltage stabilizer, but it
> is such a simple device (I opened it up) that I can't picture it going
> bad.  Are there any common bad grounds to look for?
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Ron Madurski
> rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com

This points to a green circuit failure rather than a ground, however if the
brake lights
still work, and the reverse lights then it is unlikely to be the number three
fuse but a
connector on one of the three greens that come off it.  Particularly check any
connectors
near where you were working.

PaulH.