Re: Dazed and confused in the north

To: Bob Holton <bholton@golden.net>
Subject: Re: Dazed and confused in the north
From: drake@direct.ca (len drake)
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 08:11:57 -0800
Hi Bob - "dazed and confused" - sounds like you must be a Leafs
fan.

The whole process is quite simple.  Place your order with V-B,
ask them to use the antique auto parts declaration (if your
car is 25 years old), and have them ship by mail.  Within a
week or so your parts will arrive and Canada Post will have
charged you $5.00 for brokerage (and there shouldn't be any
duty).

You can also use the nice folks at UPS if you have more money
than you need.  They, too, can handle all the little details
and will collect a minimum of $25.00 from you for brokerage,
will usually screw up and you will be charged for duty, and
sometimes will even get you a refund of the duty you shouldn't
have been charged, although this will take several months.

Victoria British has messed up on my last two orders and sent
them by UPS in error.  The first one that would have cost me
$10.00 from Canada Post cost $55.00 from UPS.  The second
should have been $5.00 and cost $24.75 .  When you place
your order, be very specific that you want it sent mail.

Hope this is of some help - you won't find a whole lot of UPS
lovers in Canada that play with LBC's.

Cheers,

Len Drake
Kelowna, B.C.