Suspension rebuild

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Suspension rebuild
From: JWidell625@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 21:11:24 EST
I'm considering a suspension rebuild on my 77B as soon as S. Florida MG season
is over(June, when it gets too hot. Feb. is the perfect weather!. Perhaps
someone in the know can answer some questions before I start.

1.  Should I "lower" the suspension for handling purposes? (note-I have shock
conversions in the front and rear, and have 185-14 tires. Would there be a
clearance problem if I lowered the suspension?)

2.  Are the "V8" bushings better?

3. The spring replacement is pretty straightforward, but I've yet to
understand the kingpin situation. How does one tell if they're bad, and what
exactly is "reaming" the kingpin?

I've been boning up on the Haynes manual and the catalogs, but maybe someone
can give me a few pointers and/or shortcuts.

Thanks in advance.

Joel Widell  Key LArgo, FL
JWidell625