Engine Cleaning

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Cleaning
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:25:29 -0600
Listers:
    A while back, we were talking about the best way to clean an engine bay.
I've lost that thread or can't find it in the abyss of my saved mail....
    Using a good degreaser and letting it sit over night is a given
    Other than putting a plastic bag over the distributor, what other
precautions will avoid me having to push it out of the car wash stall? Back
in the day, I would just keep the engine running, but that was a VW Bug with
no fan blade to break under a misdirected stream or splash all over the
place.
    My engine bay is very grungy (I'll send you a pic if you want, but its
nothing anyone hasn't seen before). I'm facing some rusty areas, some
paint-flaking areas, and the usual greasy areas.
    I can't stand to look at it, so I figured I'd start painting each part
one by one, starting with the radiator and shroud and working my way back...
TIA all!

Dan
'73 B