Midget gone goofy

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget gone goofy
From: HLUB34A@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 23:15:54 EST
My 74 midget has just fallen off my Mr. Reliable list. New intake manifold
gasket, new vacuum advance for the distributor, fresh gas, a bottle of Heet
for good measure and I still get the worst idle imagineable, about 500 rpm. He
starts fine and out on the road accelerating at about 1200 rpm all of a sudden
he clears out and runs fine. Grose jets in the float chambers and recently
tweaked carbs and choke adjustment. I removed the charcoal canister and blew
out the lines for the carb breather and there was no blockage. Help,
suggestions and advice appreciated.    Valerie Stabenow