re: Weak Spark/No start

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Weak Spark/No start
From: David Rothman <drothma@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:29:11 -0500
Chris,
 You said "...I believe that my timing is pretty close - with electroni=
ignition I can't
statically check the timing, so I need to do it dynamically..."

I have electronic ignition in my MGC/GT just got done with a rebuild an=
d had
many problems getting it started. I statically timed it by making sure =
it was
TDC on any one of the cylinders, removing the high-tension lead from th=
distibutor and placing the metal from the lead close to the block (I fa=
stened
it using some electrical tape), and then sliding the optical trigger as=
sembly
in the distributor in the opposite direction of the distributor rotatio=
n until
a spark was seen from the high-tension lead. If you have a Crane Electr=
onic
ignition unit see your installation instructions for pictures and more =
details.

If your optical trigger is NOT adjusted correctly YOU WILL NOT GET A ST=
RING
SPARK !

Cheers,
 David Rothman - '69 MGC/GT