MG games/ MG Olympics

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG games/ MG Olympics
From: AKBLACKLEY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:49:38 EST
Tom inquired about some MG type games. Our MG club (Emerald Necklace MG
Register, Cleveland, Ohio) some years ago had a fun little thing called the
"MG Olympics". Using some old, cleaned up and painted parts game included the
Lucas C-40 Generator Toss, measure distance; remove and replace 4 spark plugs
from a B series head mounted on a heavy board, timed event; remove and replace
a wire wheel from a hub mounted on an A frame, including loosening and
tightening the knock off, timed event; roll a 19" MGTC tyre for distance and
some other non car type such as a water ballon toss and others I can't recall.
These were family oriented. Different club members ran it each year, so there
were always minor variations. For the serious there was an identify the
"mystery" MG parts game (name and application), testing ones MG mech knowledge
to the full (man, I've seen that thing somewhere...).
Games in the parking lot included a "MGymkana" . Tennis balls were placed on
top of PVC or plastic stands, about door height, in a very tight course of
pylons. The driver had to avois hitting the pylons while the co-pilot had to
retrieve the balls from the stands and put them into a tube. A timed event
with points off for missed balls, pylons hit, etc. One Land Rover event I went
to involved placing a large plastic cup of water on a front fender and driving
over a very uneven field, around a course marked with yellow tape. Thus wasnt
timed, but what counted was the amount of water remaining, so smooth driving
was rewarded. Just a few ideas. Have fun. Cheers, Andy Blackley