FW: 76' MGB

To: mgs
Subject: FW: 76' MGB
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:36:24 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Mx6perform
<Mx6perform@aol.com>]]

     From: Mx6perform <Mx6perform@aol.com>
     Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:59:43 EST
     Subject: 76' MGB

I just bought a 76' MGB. I got the car for $2k and am having a little problem
with the engine. It seems to miss when I press the gas for quick acceleration.
This happens the most at lower rpm (below 3krpm) does anyone have any ideas
what this maybe? I am going to help a friend of mine work on the car but need
to know the specs on the ignition timmming. I have ordered a book but it will
not be here by tomorrow. If you have any other info you think he may need
please give me that as well. I have a performance page related to the Mazda
MX6 , http://memebrs.aol.com/mx6perform/newmx6.html, and do a good bit of work
on the car myself but as far as carbs go I am lost. Thanks for the help
Ron Powell
New MGB owner and am having a great time!

[ Wow, a 76 foot long MGB!  Well, that's what 76' means, right?  You think
  he might have meant '76, the abbreviation for 1976?  mjb.]